Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another day closer

Another day down!  Again, no changes for today.  For those of you who wonder when they are actually coming home...we have no clue.  They are now 32 weeks gestational age.  Some newborns do come home as early as 35/36 weeks, but some stay in the NICU until 40 weeks or beyond.  The typical expectation is that preemies should go home around their due date (40 weeks), which is October 5th for the boys.  It all depends on them.  They need to be able to eat and breathe appropriately, and they currently have a fair distance to go.  I would be surprised if they had to stay any time beyond their due date, but don't want to get my hopes fixed on any particular timeframe.

I will try to take more pictures tomorrow.  They're adorable in the itty bitty clothes! I'm still adjusting to my new schedule and the moments feel a bit rushed right now.  As the routine gets more settled, I'll make time for a miniature photo shoot.  I could sit and stare at them and take pictures all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment