Drum roll please...
Aaron: 2lb 3oz
William: 2lb 11oz - our big boy!
Let's see...my days run together so much, I have to look back at the post from the prior day to remember what's new.
William was weaned off of the ventilator and on to CPAP, and is starting to get settled. It's taking him a little longer than Aaron, but he also has a lot of mucous to work out from being on the ventilator.
Both boys are on 2ccs of milk at each feeding, which could be increased tomorrow or the Thursday. Both have been weaned from their pain medicines.
I asked again today if there was any chance in getting them moved back to MRMC - the response was a little better this time. It's highly unlikely that the bleeds will worsen after a few stable ultrasounds, so the chance that they will need shunts or any type of neurosurgery is slim (yay!). Once they are established on feeds and ensure that they will not develop NEC, they could actually move to the hospital closer to home and work. This would still be a month or so down the road, but that's better than never!
I can't wait for both boys to be on the cannula, or not on any oxygen...not necessarily because it means they are breathing better, but so that I can see both of their faces! Aaron was so adorable today. He was working really hard to suck on the pacifier, then would decide for a second that he didn't know if he liked it, and his face would scrunch up...then he'd try again. Really cute!
Here are the pictures promised from yesterday:
Aaron with his paci
Aaron on the nasal cannula
William (from last week), with CPAP off
A few from today:
William back on CPAP, scrunchy face
Aaron, all cozy
Aaron sucking his thumb!