Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11

Before moving on to the boys, I'd like to take a second to reflect back to 10 years ago today.  I was in Spain at the time studying, and even overseas it was terror and chaos and sadness.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the firefighters, families, survivors, victims...everyone who was affected by the unthoughtof events.

Weight Check
William - 4lbs 13.8oz
Aaron - 4lbs 4.6oz

I will eventually get a more detailed update in when I have more time to sit down and type :)  I've been in nesting mode this weekend, trying to get things put away for the eventual homecoming.

Speaking of homecoming...I feel like it's getting closer again but am very cautiously optimistic.

I walked in to the NICU this morning to find William like this:
I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but his cannula is on top of his nose.  Not an effective use of it :)  Our nurse had it out on purpose, though - he had pulled it out by himself, and maintained his sats, so she was testing him without it.  It could happen...he could come home without oxygen!  The caffeine seems to have done the trick.  I'm saying my prayers and crossing every finger and toe.  I had already settled in my head that he'd be coming home on oxygen, so I'm still okay if it happens; my main concern is that his apnea/brady episodes stop, and everything is positive right now.  We may be taking him to Starbucks every morning until he's 5 though :) William is pretty much begging us to come home soon; he's doing really well.

Aaron's bilirubin levels and other liver functioning will be tested tonight.  Prayers for improvement, please!  He is starting to gain weight again, which is good.  He is taking a few drops of oil before each feed, which helps to gain fat, and is on special extra loaded vitamins (which he promptly spits up). 

MRIs are tomorrow, and we should find out the results on Tuesday.  This event makes me nervous/borderline freaked out.  I want to know what type of damage we're dealing with, especially with Aaron, and want to hope that it's not much, but I know they'll be perfect and wonderful no matter what.  Major prayer requests on this one please - pray that the bleeding has resolved with little additional damage and that any tissue that it has taken with it will be compensated by other areas.

And not to leave out little brother, here's Aaron today:

No comments:

Post a Comment